Today I did a slight variation of this recipe from BudgetBytes. Slight variation:
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp siracha
For the main dish:
- 1/2 head of green cabbage
- 4 carrots
- 400g minced meet, extra lean, half pork, half beef
- 1/2 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- a knob of ginger
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds
- Mix the ingredients of the sauce
- Add oil to the pan, throw in ginger and garlic and let sizzle for a minute, then add meat, seasoning with salt and pepper, cooking until browned.
- Add the cabbage and carrots, let cook until wilted.
- Transfer to the plate, sprinkling some sesame seeds on top.
Very nice. Tasty, but not a lot of calories. Should result in at least 4-6 portions.
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox.
Subscribe to my newsletter.